From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: the Flex website
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:16:34 GMT
Hi Carol,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Carol Frampton <> wrote:
> ...Our website
> is 'an ugly temporary website'....

It's all my fault ;-)

I'm happy to explain how to modify it if people want to add things
there now, but as you say:

> I think we need a logo and some basic structure put in place....

The standard option here would be to use the Apache CMS, it's a fairly
basic tool but very convenient for our types of projects as it's based
on content in subversion - which also means it's easy to include
generated content.

There's some information here:

and the Stanbol site is an example of a simple website managed by that CMS:
site at
content at

If people agree with that solution, I can request ASF infrastructure
to set it up for us.

Someone will need to create a design anyway (CSS, logos etc), the CMS
only provides the editing/staging/publishing infrastructure.

View raw message