From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:20:43 GMT

> Just as we were getting ready to execute

our monthly emails yes they stopped because there were obvious big changes
> to the community.

So a monthly couldn't be sent in December that said X changed therefore Y
and Z are no longer possible, we are working on modifying X so it fits with
new requirements A, B and C?

> I can understand your concerns about openness and I would encourage you to
> show up to the meeting and we will outline exactly how we will be open. So
> far all you're missing is the boring stuff: legal docs, document writing,
> vendor management, diagrams.

Diagrams of what? Vendors for what?

> People that have asked to be involved with
> this process have been 100% included.

I've asked several times to be involved and all I've received is emails
saying some variation of "Wait a little bit we are still busy doing
'stuff'.", so I don't feel this statement is accurate.

> I hope this helps and would encourage your participation on the 2nd.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

I really hope I'm not coming off as being a dick, which I'm not trying to
be. I'm just trying to get a clearer picture of what Spoon's role is, and
why that role can not be executed out in the open and on this list along
with the rest of the community. At the moment my perception is Spoon feels
very exclusive, and though you say you're not or are trying to not paint
that picture the fact that we're having this discussion I think proves that
it hasn't worked.

-omar