From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: Flex incubation on Apache as Opensource
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:42:02 GMT
8000 lines of code isn't any better than 16000 when the class drives every
single component that is put on screen. Alex said it best when he said
something along the lines of it being like trying to run fast with really
heavy shoes. I've never written a class over 500 lines of code and felt
good about it. I also understand UIComponent does a lot, but that's exactly
the problem... its just doing way too much.