From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:34:30 GMT

> The best I can say now, again not to mess anything up, is wait till Feb
> 2nd.
>
> We know that many people want to be involved on the coding and we've felt
> that it is best to not bring in people - or even have those discussions -
> until the code is public and available to the community.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

So there's several things here...

First, I'll wait, we've been waiting for info from Spoon for over a year,
what's two more weeks? ;)

Second, you say "we've felt that it is best to not bring in people"... I
thought this code is coming to Apache... and as such, why is it that Spoon
is still deciding (or thinks it is deciding) who to bring in to code on the
project?

And lastly, you say "until the code is public and available to the
community." ...What code? As far as I know the only code we have is in the
whiteboard, and any code we're supposed to get Alex hasn't put in the
Apache SVN.

It all makes me think back to the Spoon sessions at MAX where Michael
Labriola jokingly called himself "the Benevolent Dictator" of the project
direction... it almost feels like there was a hint of truth under that joke
that is trying now to manifest itself here. Again, I am saying this cause
this is my perception of Spoon... and I know for a fact I'm not the only
one that feels that way... I'm just vocal cause that's how I roll... ;)

-omar