From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira task to decide on Apache Flex version number needed
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:08:36 GMT
Adobe has stated that JIRA issues with security problems would not be
ported to our JIRA. I think they are not porting those, obviously, because
then big gaping security holes would be out in the open that they probably
don't want the public to know about... I know the project's been donated,
but the 4.6 still bears the name Adobe Flex, and because their name is on
it they are going to continue to take the same kind of steps they've always
taken to safeguard security risks.

Ideally, the patches to the 4.6.x security holes that Adobe might fix, or
anything else it patches, do make their way into our branch at some point.
But this is why I suggest that the Apache Flex version numbers start at
4.7.x, so there is no confusion. Any hotfixes, patches and security holes
can be maintained for 4.6 versions by Adobe without them having to worry
about changes done in 4.7, and it'd be easier for us to merge those changes
from 4.6.10 or whatever to 4.7.0 and back up the chain... at least I think
it would be, someone might correct me on this.

-omar