From Frank Altomare <lost...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:09:25 GMT
If the need for GPU assistance is during scrolling and transitions, that's
a different problem.  Building a capability into a single framework where
you can grab bitmaps from the display list, hide the display list, use the
GPU to render a really slick animation, and bring the modified display list
right back on top of the final results might be a better way to get the
best of both worlds.

Alex,
This is exactly what I'm thinking, this may be the perfect approach. Thanks
for that idea.

Does anyone have any input on how we can start to collaborate on the
development of this idea?

If anyone here uses IRC, I'm always in #actionscript on irc.efnet.org

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM, David Francis Buhler <davidbuhler@gmail.com

--
Francis Altomare,