From Frank Altomare <lost...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:24:15 GMT
It seems that this thread has turned into a discussion about accessibility,
while this is not a bad thing and is an interesting subject I think we may
have veered a bit off topic.

Is anyone here interested in discussing the implementation of this type of
GPU framework? As soon as I have some free time I want to begin writing
some code. My goal is to start with something like the DataGroup and
recreate it using something like Starling. I'm probably not going to worry
about custom item renderers to start, but I think having this functionality
would be imperative.

Anyway, I really think the focus here should be on Mobile. This is because
of the current performance issues DataGroups and lists. I also think this
type of functionality would work great in mobile games as well as tablet
applications.

If anyone is interested in helping me take on this project please let me
know! As of right now I'm not sure how much time I can really dedicate to
this so all help would be greatly appreciated!

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM, David Francis Buhler <davidbuhler@gmail.com

--
Francis Altomare,