From Frank Altomare <lost...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:56:32 GMT
Thanks Roland, that makes sense.
If I remember correctly Stage3D content is rendered behind the normal
DisplayList. This does allow you to mix Stage3D content with standard
components.
I guess when taking this into account it seems like item renderers would
not be the way to go.

What about narrowing down this use case and introducing a new component,
maybe something based off of the DataGroup? This may be able to allow us to
get something "out the door" even with issues related to z-sorting and
accessibility.

I know currently these components rely heavily on the DisplayList, but
after looking at the Starling framework I really don't think there is
anything in place that would prevent this from happening.