From Randy Troppmann <randy.troppm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:10:45 GMT
Nice job Carlos!

Designing by committee completely sucks. I'm not opposed to the idea
of a contest. I would vote on criteria that includes these basic
criteria:

- forget about Fx or anything close to Adobe identity
- no apache feathers
- simple, impactful
- needs to work as line art (black and white)
- effective gradients can work in a non line art version (note html5 logo)
- works at smaller sizes
- consideration to "works as a square"
- word mark approach preferable
- I need to "connect" with it in some appropriate fashion

- Randy

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2012, at 3:35 PM, Douglas Arthur wrote:
>
>> +1 this idea. And to add my 2 cents on the logo, I like the a simple and elegant
logo as well, but I think including the feather does not take away from that as long as it's
not overpowering.

> For logos that use the Apache Feather please see this page[1]. There are rules to using
Apache's brand. The whole page is worth reviewing as well.

> [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#graphics
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> - Doug

for the new logo limited in time (5 days?). At the end we put all the proposals in a web page
for voting. This would not only give more choice to choose from, but also raise awareness
around the fact that Flex now belongs to the community. What do you think?