From Randy Troppmann <randy.troppm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:49:08 GMT
On Jan 8, 2012 4:39 PM, "Abhilash Krishnan" <abhilashk.cse@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really agree with Randy! Open Source is crowd or community
> collaboration initiative. Open source evolves through community and the
> contribution involved. Here nobody is dictating terms. You are at peace to
> involve and contribute. Open source demands involvement and contribution
> from the community (You mentioned it as community). You may be best logo
or
> graphic designer in the world unless you won't share your designs nobody
is
> demanding you. Hence please understand the histrionics of open source and
> please be involved.
>
> Abhilash

Let me clarify my position on this. By "sites like this" I meant
crowdspring et al where you put up some money and people will compete for
this award by submitting designs. Believe me, you will piss off a lot of
people if you go this dierction. This not an argument against the notion of
open source development.

- Randy