From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira task to decide on Apache Flex version number needed
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:33:02 GMT
I see a lot of checks like these all over the sdk code, third party
libraries (and our own codebase):

if(FlexVersion.compatibilityVersion < FlexVersion.VERSION_3_0 )
{
}
if(FlexVersion.compatibilityVersion < FlexVersion.VERSION_4_0)
{
}

and so on...

Moving to a year based version number would most probably break a lot of
such checks.  Even resetting would cause these checks to fail.  I think
FlexVersion.as should be maintained as such and we just keep incrementing
it - at least for the sake of backwards compatibility.

Om