From kitashima tomo <kitashima.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Advice for Logo Contest Round 2
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:10:09 GMT
Dear All,

It nice to see the 3 Apache Flex logo are shorlisted for the final round.
Seems like some of my good friends do not find it acceptable (my friends
are the marketer
working in the top 500 companies). They laughed their head off at PPMC's
and voters' poor taste for nominate bad design logos. One of my friend
even made a
sarcastic remark of the Flex community are heading for a *sinking* since
brand image are very important and do reflect how the customers' view
the community.

To confirm my doubt, I have contact some of the logo designers, they agree
the top 3 logos hold no distinctive and meaningless except #12 and #50 seem
reflect the future of Apache Flex clearly. It may be *advisable* for the
community to reconsider the contest. I wish to disclaimer that I'm not
speaking up for anyone.

Please ignore my advice if you find my message is of no importance. I wish
the community good luck then.

Lastly, I wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year 2012.

rgds,
Kitashima Tomo