From Scott Delamater <scott.delama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex - lightweight event handling
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:10:46 GMT
Just catching up on this thread, so I'm a little late to the party, but
wanted to chime in.

In general I hope that when our community is discussing additions to the
SDK, we're talking about solid, lightweight, core features--like what (I
think) Peter's suggesting. Signals performs quite well as a standalone
library. The costs of adding it "officially" (baked-in code, API
maintenance, etc.) seem high relative to the incremental benefit over using
it as a standalone library.

I hope our focus is to support developers by giving them a solid
foundation. To do that I think we need to stay lean, and deliver highly
extensible enhancements.

sD