From saurabh jain <jainsaurab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trace & Log
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 07:43:28 GMT

> On 20/01/2012 15:44, saurabh jain wrote:
>
>> How about introducing a framework level flag, say logLevel / logType, and
>> framwork users setting this depending upon what should be logged. The
>> setting for this could be done once and the logger class reading framework
>> level flag and works accordingly.
>>
> Again: It is about granularity. The framework users would need to enter a
> lot of data to have it more granular. Aside from offering this ability. The
> compiler sits right now on this information.
>
> yours
> Martin.

Ok. Essentially with I meant was something like this:

setLogType(Framework.RecordDetails);
Log("message")

In another version one can have:
setLogType(Framework.RecordOnlyMessage);
Log("message")

With this the framework user needs to set the log type only once and need
not enter lot of data but just the required log message. No need to have
compiler option in this case.

--
Regards,
Saurabh