From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:33:06 GMT

> Anyway, this does seem possible though I assume it would be an undertaking.
>
> Does anyone know if the structure of the DataGroup would prevent the use of
> Stage3D item renderers? If not I think this may be the way to go, at least
> initially.
>

>From what I understand Stage3D is rendert behind the displaylist,
compositing displaylist and stage3d item together in one UI might prove
complicated.
I think the point that Alex refers to, the fact that Stage3D has issues
with accessibility though is quite a dealbreaker, if Flex UI's don't
provide proper
accessibility I don't think it will be a viable option. Not until these
issues can be resolved, but from what I can understand this would require
player changes.
Am I correct in my assumption Alex?

cheers,

Roland