From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: AS3 and the AVM are two different things (was Flex incubation on Apache as Opensource)
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:50:32 GMT

> >That is true. We won't be able to make changes to the classes built into
> the
> AVM.
> Exactly the point I was talking about, that Apache community will be having
> this limitation. Though such changes to native classes will be rare,
> community might need them in future to modify.

I really don't see your issue here. Up until now the native classes have
never needed to be modified
or extended for Flex specific purposes. The native classes are all really
low-level stuff like Arrays,
Dates, Strings, etc. There is no immediate reason to think that this will
ever become a blocking
issue for Apache Flex in the foreseeable future.