From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: Trace & Log
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:03:23 GMT

> First off: THANK YOU! I completely missed out on this feature. It seems
> already doing half of the job necessary.
> I will take a quiet hour on the weekend to investigate int
> version/platform availability.
>
> But, Just half of the job means:
> It seems as if the arguments get converted to a string which would be a
> no-go. The line number is a good thing, but
> the container type would be a more helpful for proper and consistent
> filtering. Also it is not possible to implement a "isEnabled" flag, which
> is essential for logging in big systems.
>
> To sum it up: Nice thing, I will definitely get into it, but from what I
> can judge right now, it is not enough to implement a clean, fast logging.

Also, quite probably, this will only work in a debug build. But that's also
something you will test for I guess.
Anyhow, I still agree with you that the compiler metrics you mention in
your initial post could be beneficial to expose to actionscript.
I'm looking forward to reading about your tests :)

cheers,

Roland