From Roland Zwaga <>
Subject Re: Namespaces in Interfaces, AVM or Compiler Problem
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:59:39 GMT
> > I was just wondering if the restriction that namespaces are not allowed
> > in interfaces is there because the AVM doesn't support it or because the
> > compiler doesn't support it? Might be important as to where the bug
> > should be posted.
> Assuming Roland finds that the limitation is with the compiler only and not
> with the AVM, I'm struggling to understand why you view this as a bug and
> problem. An interface describes a public contract that implementing classes
> must fulfil. Why therefore would you want to specify a namespace other than
> public within an interface?

Well, I just found out that as3commons-bytecode actually has some bugs when
it comes
down to generating interfaces :) I'll have to fix them first before I can
tell you if its an AVM
or compiler issue.
But your points remains fair, I guess its normal that an interface only
declares public
members. I'm trying to think of a language that supports otherwise, but I
can't think of
any from the top of my head...