From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:07:27 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Peter Elst <peter.elst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Spoon is probably also getting settled in and getting used to the new
> situation of Flex at Apache so don't want to hold this against them, just
> make sure the relationship is clear for everyone involved.

Going through and responding to many people in this email.

@Everyone
Yes, this meeting will be live streamed. We are probably going to use
Connect to allow for two-way communication. We don't want to speak at you,
but with you.

@david
Part of our presentation will exactly show you were Spoon does and does not
fit. Furthermore Apache doesn't discourage groups like Spoon, but they do
encourage open discussion and development on their site. Completely inline
with what Spoon is doing.

@Bertrand
Great idea. We will follow up with a summary after.

@omar & @peter
I definitely understand your concerns. I'm not going to answer each and
every one in the this email for a few reasons - though I believe that the
plan we have will put every single issue you have at rest. Hopefully if
you've been sitting on the sidelines this meeting will also inspire you to
join Spoon. Again we are open to all.

The main reason that I don't want to just answer each question as they come
is because that is exactly bad communication. We've all seen, very
recently, a big company not prepare their communication and spend the next
month falling all over themselves to repair and recraft the message. I
think we all agree this is very inefficient.

As such, and as Peter alluded to, with all of the recent changes we've had
to recraft our message to fit with the changing ecosystem. I can tell you
that we've been in talks heavily for a long time with Adobe and as their
plans have changes so have ours. Just as we were getting ready to execute
our monthly emails yes they stopped because there were obvious big changes
to the community.

I can understand your concerns about openness and I would encourage you to
show up to the meeting and we will outline exactly how we will be open. So
far all you're missing is the boring stuff: legal docs, document writing,
vendor management, diagrams. People that have asked to be involved with
this process have been 100% included.

I hope this helps and would encourage your participation on the 2nd.

--
Jonathan Campos