From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Logo voting
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:00:50 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com>wrote:

>  I'd be willing to use this approach, and like it better than the "pick
> five".  Although looking at the logos; there are some I like; some I'm
> indifferent to; and some I really don't like.  By only +1ing; I'm only
> voting a third of my opinion.

I prefer the 5 point system.

1st choice: 3pts
2nd choice: 1pt
3rd choice: 1 pt

I think the +1/0/-1 only really works in an either/or decision. With the
points voting system we create a better model of people's likes. Dislikes
are automatically removed. The likelihood of a tie is low.

This also makes it if you have a second favorite you don't have to
completely abandon it, you can still support it.

There could always be a followup system added onto this (top 2 for a
+1/0/-1 vote or something like that), but I don't think that will be
necessary.

--
Jonathan Campos