From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:14:44 GMT
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Doug McCune <doug@dougmccune.com> wrote:

> Also, I'm still not clear on where AIR for mobile stands in regards
> to accessibility (ie with Apple's VoiceOver stuff or Android's TalkBack).
> Are current AIR for mobile apps accessible to screen readers?

I agree Doug. I don't see this as a show stopper. Many organizations don't
have accessibility as a first priority, especially for mobile. Instead
speed is the big deal. If we could have the flexibility then we have a win.

I understand Adobe's point on the matter and would like to have
accessibility just be there and work great, but no accessibility for a fast
display list is a tradeoff I'm willing to make. Its the same tradeoff that
my customers are willing to make too.

I know this isn't the case for everyone.

--
Jonathan Campos