From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch Strategy (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:22:33 GMT
-Should there still be a Whiteboard or Sandbox folder or is it fine to just
create those under Branches?

I would still like to see a whiteboard or sandbox for users as defined by
Bertrand.

> See http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/ for example -
> there are some folders named after committers (meant as one's personal
> area, but others are welcome to commit there as well after asking,
> let's not build walls), there's some redundant stuff there, or
> abandoned stuff - doesn't matter, storage bytes are cheap today. Some
> cleanup is needed from time to time, but there's no expectations of
> any sort about what's there, and it's much better for everyone's
> experiment to be visible to all. When the whiteboard stuff moves to
> trunk, it's often completely rewritten, or integrated via patches.

These are good areas to share information that isn't specifically connected
to the main project or maybe is something else very experimental and
longterm. Serving as a good way for people to see the early ideas of others
in an open development model. Others could browse the thoughts of other
developers for coding tricks or for sideprojects to get involved with.