From Doug McCune <d...@dougmccune.com>
Subject Re: Wish list for Apache Flex
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 20:15:21 GMT

> My current thoughts are to create a framework that is very granular and
> uses
> lots of composition.  I have prototypes where HelloWorld is a 28K swf.

Alex, does the Apache style of individual user contributions lend itself
better to flushing this out? This is clearly something you've been working
on at Adobe, but does the fact that Flex is now an Apache project and you
are acting as an individual contributor and not as an official Adobe person
matter in terms of reducing the friction of you sharing this kind of code?
i.e. Would you have held back longer from pushing this code out publicly
prior to the move to Apache?

If so it seems like the move to Apache is already bearing some fruit in
terms of more open code development.