From Doug McCune <d...@dougmccune.com>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:55:05 GMT

> Apache has a lot of resources to support these things. Like you say
> about Spoon, Apache is a 501(c)3 org and can accept donations in the
> form of cash, IP, and materials. Please do not pigeon-hole Apache into
> only doing code. Apache can do support and community development as
> well.

Unless I'm mis-remembering the talks from the Flex Summit (which may very
well be the case), I thought Apache would only accept donations to Apache
as a whole and not to specific projects? So for example, if I wanted to
give a bunch of cash that would fund the creation of Flex t-shirts, or that
would pay stipends to speakers at a Flex-only conference, can Apache play a
role in that? Pretty sure this exact question was brought up around Apache
sponsorships and the answer was that giving money to Apache meant giving
money to Apache (and not to help any specific project).