From Doug McCune <d...@dougmccune.com>
Subject Re: Pushing Flex components thorough the GPU
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:06:10 GMT

> So for now using Stage3D is not viable option IMHO as an enterprise
> application framework like flex cannot do without an accessibility
> implementation.
> So it's probably better to seek optimizations for flex using the
> displaylist api.

Unless some developers don't care about accessibility, or don't care about
accessibility in certain contexts (like mobile). I know accessibility is a
must for certain big enterprise projects due to legal requirements (and
overall wanting to be a nice person for users with disabilities), but I
think saying that something is dead in the water simply because it doesn't
make it easy to add accessibility hooks is a bit extreme.

Also, I'm still not clear on where AIR for mobile stands in regards
to accessibility (ie with Apple's VoiceOver stuff or Android's TalkBack).
Are current AIR for mobile apps accessible to screen readers?