From Raju Bitter <rajubit...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: General interest in an AS3 -> JavaScript cross-compilation feature for Flex?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:39:13 GMT
Thanks for the info/links, Dimitri.

2012/1/10 Dimitri k. <koro@noos.fr>:
> From what I heard, the problem is not really about the language but about
> the rendering performances
I still believe that it's possible. Laszlo Systems has created a very
large Flash based RIA called Laszlo Webtop. They can cross-compile the
app to JavaScript, an the performance is about 70-80% of the speed you
have in Flash (Webtop is about 2 mb as an SWF, and around 2.2 mb as a
JavaScript file, if I rememer correctly). That was about 2 1/2 years
ago, and I haven't been following the recent improvements.

> One of the most talkative community person on this subject is Mike Labriola,
> committers of Apache Flex and technical lead of Spoon, who talked during
> various User Group / Flex shows both about his believes but also about the
> experiments him and his team has already done on the subject.
I wasn't aware of the work the Spoon group had done in that area.

- Raju