From Raju Bitter <rajubit...@googlemail.com>
Subject General interest in an AS3 -> JavaScript cross-compilation feature for Flex?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:57:49 GMT
Since the first announcement of Falcon's cross compilation feature
Falcon JS, I've been following the blog posts and discussions around
cross-compilation of ActionScript to JavaScript. How much interest is
there in the Flex community to have JavaScript generation as a future
feature in Flex?

Since Adobe has been working on Falcon JS, it would make sense to
improve whatever code the company contributes to Apache, and continue
from there to build a solid JavaScript cross-compiler.

Bernd Paradies has posted some information in his blog about the
cross-compilation effort http://blogs.adobe.com/bparadie/, in case you
haven't seen that.

Does anyone know more about the status of Falcon JS, and how far Adobe
is planning to implement the cross-compilation feature? Based on the
videos from Flex Summit it's just an experimental feature, and there
are no plans to release Falcon JS as a finished product. So maybe
that's a good opportunity for the community to help Adobe improve the
product.

I'd be interested in supporting such an effort, although I won't have
more than 5-6 hours per week available for it.

- Raju