From Raju Bitter <rajubit...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex source code - timeline for the initial code contribution
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 08:17:10 GMT
2012/1/6 Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:
> Update on the timeline:  Untangling the donated code from the not-donated
> code is turning out to be trickier than we hoped.  It won't happen this
> week.  We also have to do some legal scrubbing before an official Adobe
> person can sign the Software Grant form.
That's what I already guessed, once the legal department comes into
play, things take a bit longer than expected.

> What will probably happen first is that we'll be able to check in the
> frameworks directory sometime next week.  We then have to scrub the MXMLC
> compiler and tools which is likely several more days.  Then we'll get on to
> the test suite, although if JIRA comes up, I will stop to work on that
> first.
How usable will the donated source code be  in its initial form? Is
that going to be a working version of the compiler, compatible with
the current release of the Flex SDK? Or will the feature set be
reduced for Apache Flex vs Adobe Flex 4.5/4.6?

Thanks for the update.

- Raju