From Frédéric Thomas <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 UIComponent - Behavior Pattern
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:34:12 GMT
Given there is no news on the behavior approach of the UIComponent (I guess
some of you should still work on it), I did a quick test last night
splitting the IStateClient2 implememtation of the UIcomponent into a
StateBehavior, I then ran a test to measure the instatiation time and I've
been surprised to see that it was quicker than the original UIComponent.

Well, I've been quick and my test is may be not the best to do, I verified
that the states, transitions and effects worked fine first and then just
instanciated 100000 UIComponents and compared the time it took relative to
the original version.
It should may be good for the folks doing the same kind of job on the
behavior approach at the moment to define a test protocol (time, memory,
behavior).

May be you can help Alex in that direction, given you already did some tests
and measurements on it apparently, it would be nice to see your approach,
what do you think, is it possible ?

Is there someone arrived to the same finding than me ?

#Andres Lozada, I didn't follow the approach you mentioned in my try at the
moment but it is the one I thought to try too in a full dev.

Frédéric Thomas