From Web DoubleFx <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ActionScript and Apache Flex
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:27:54 GMT

---------------------------------------> From: aharui@adobe.com> On 1/11/12 10:07 PM,
"Web DoubleFx" wrote:>> I haven't done enough research to know what the costs would
be. My first> question would be, why do you absolutely have to have equivalency with Java?>
And, given that the VM is "fixed" do you care that some of these things> would be un-enforced
in the runtime? Maybe you should just compile Java to> ABC?>> --> Alex Harui

> My first question would be, why do you absolutely have to have equivalency with Java?

In short, to have a state of the art programming language.

> given that the VM is "fixed" do you care that some of these things> would be un-enforced
in the runtime?

Some tricks can be used to make some checks at compile time instead than at runtime, for exemple,
instead of really implement abstract classes, it may just be enough to have private contructors,
like that the class would act as an abstract class but I suppose you can figure out these
tricks better than me.
Haxe use enum, private constructors, generics, etc..., why couldn't we have the same in flash
if we really want it, maybe a question of performence, then let's evaluate it and let the
communauty decide if it worth ?

> Maybe you should just compile Java to> ABC?
hum... really ?

frédéric Thomas