From Web DoubleFx <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ActionScript and Apache Flex
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:14:54 GMT

> From: aharui@adobe.com
>
> On 1/12/12 12:27 AM, "Web DoubleFx"  wrote:
>
> > why couldn't we have the same in flash if we really want it, maybe a question
> > of performence,
> Well, I'm not a language expert, but my friends on the VM team constantly
> remind me about late-binding and its advantages, and dynamic languages and
> their advantages in a constrained environment.

There are many pros and cons using late-binding over early-binding, I don't how it is implemented
in the Flash VM but and I can beleive to their advantages in a constrained environment but
what I would like to know is the real drawback in term of performence measured, having enums,
private constructors, generics, is that possible in some way to ask that to the VM team ?

> We'd have to give up a lot> of that to be equivalent with Java and then the approachability
and
> forgiveness that makes programming in AS3 fun and easy might go away.

I not sure to be able to follow you, how can we have less fun and ease improving the language
?
Frédéric Thomas