From Tink < >
Subject Re: ActionScript and Apache Flex
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:47:30 GMT
On 13 Jan 2012, at 11:36, Matthew Poole wrote:

> ...but still have dependences on the runtime fom Adobe.
> That would make project management significantly more complex.
> On 13 January 2012 11:31, Matthew Poole <> wrote:

We wouldn't be dependent on any particular runtime, which is one of my
biggest concerns.

- No Flash Player for mobile, and I think most computing is going to
become mobile over the next 5 years.
- Adobe could at any point state they that they are not going to dev
FP for the browser and only support AIR.

Inevitable at the moment, Adobe are still in control of what we can
achieved and could easily wipe out any hard work that we've done due
to internal business decisions.

As I understand Falcon doesn't yet support MXML, and because Adobe are
no longer developing Flex they may never add this which is also a
concern, let alone what FalconJS will support.

Just airing my main concerns at the moment, that may be swayed by all
the hype and bad communication from Adobe

(note Adobe get reference a lot on this forum and generally in a
negative light. I don't want the Adobe contributors to be put down by
this, I think when most refer to Adobe they mean the business decision
makers, not  developers who have put in masses of hard work to get us
where we are today).

View raw message