From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Apache Flex community website
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:19:21 GMT

On Jan 5, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Michael Schmalle wrote:

>> I wasn't sure what features are available to the community for adding wiki's, etc.
>
> I might have over stepped my knowledge with saying that can happen, as the actual site
is in svn. So that might not be a possibility but anything else can happen.

> I need to check on if there is anything that allows non committer involvement through
sharing.

> Anybody know the answer to this?

Until recently the answer was no. But now it is "YES". Please see http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#non-committer

I am going to give credit for this improvement to Apache Infrastructure and Joe Schaefer who
did a number of improvements in our recent migration of www.openoffice.org to the Apache CMS.

Is Adobe planning to contribute web based documentation?

Regards,
Dave

> Mike
>

>> Brent, I have an idea, I'm a committer, the Apache Flex web site is a CMS, you you
got idea, share them and we can find a way to put your passion right into our web site, since
it's your website to.