From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Apache Flex community website
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 00:59:39 GMT

On Jan 5, 2012, at 4:00 PM, Jun Heider wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Brent Arnold wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As a member of the Flex community I wanted to contribute in some way, and since I'm
not an initial committer or anything, I figured I could at least do something like setup and
host a website --> apacheflex.org.

> Brent, I like the initiative, but not sure if the ASF is cool with external sites using
"Apache" and "Flex" for branding. I could be wrong though?

The Apache Flex PPMC would need to make a good case for external services, but let's not be
hasty.

Apache Infrastructure offers many services to Projects and Committers. A list is here. [1]

The ASF offers two wikis - MoinMoin and Confluence.

There are also build services that might be of interest to the project.

If there are services that the Apache Flex needs and a good case is made it is my experience
that Apache Infrastructure will work hard to it particularly if this is backed up with sustainable
support from the project.

HTH,
Dave

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html