From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Apache Flex community website
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 00:59:39 GMT

On Jan 5, 2012, at 4:00 PM, Jun Heider wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Brent Arnold wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> As a member of the Flex community I wanted to contribute in some way, and since I'm
not an initial committer or anything, I figured I could at least do something like setup and
host a website -->
> Brent, I like the initiative, but not sure if the ASF is cool with external sites using
"Apache" and "Flex" for branding. I could be wrong though?

The Apache Flex PPMC would need to make a good case for external services, but let's not be

Apache Infrastructure offers many services to Projects and Committers. A list is here. [1]

The ASF offers two wikis - MoinMoin and Confluence.

There are also build services that might be of interest to the project.

If there are services that the Apache Flex needs and a good case is made it is my experience
that Apache Infrastructure will work hard to it particularly if this is backed up with sustainable
support from the project.

View raw message