From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Web how to create an alternative [was Re: [DISCUSS] Logo - final tweaks]
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 01:07:28 GMT
On Jan 27, 2012, at 10:11 AM, Rick Winscot wrote:

> It would be great to get the source files ASAP... Hugo Matinho and I offered back in
the first week of Jan to do the design work on the incubator website. We've held off on doing
anything until the logo contest concluded... we are ready to rock the night fantastic.

If we are going to do web redesign and want to continue to use the Apache CMS to manage the
website then it is my suggestion that web designs take that into consideration.

If everyone with the itch to do web designs can create their own versions of the site skeleton[1]
and css[2] then we can try each out by adjusting templates here[3].

You and Hugo might add hugorick.html and hugorick.css. We can then modify single_narrative.html
to test and compare. This will leave room for other designs.

When you look into skeleton.html you will see this part:

    {% if topnav.content %}<div id="topnava">{% block topnav %}{{ topnav.content|markdown
}}{% endblock %}</div>{% endif %}
}}{% endautoescape %}{% endblock %}</div>
  {% if leftnav.content %}<div id="leftnav">{% block leftnav %}{{ leftnav.content|markdown
}}{% endblock %}</div>{% endif %}
  {% if rightnav.content %}<div id="rightnav">{% block rightnav %}{{ rightnav.content|markdown
}}{% endblock %}</div>{% endif %}

The podling site is set to show leftnav because of the presence of the leftnav.mdtext file
in the templates directory.[5]

The skeleton can handle any or all of leftnav.mdtext, topnav.mdtext and rightnav.mdtext. It
should be simple to add other bits of content to templates. Perhaps a hugorick.mdtext with
the following in hugorick.html

  {% if hugorick.content %}<div id="hugorick">{% block hugorick %}{{ hugorick.content|markdown
}}{% endblock %}</div>{% endif %}

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/flex/site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html?view=markup