From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of the Project
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:54:30 GMT
The odd number = dev / test release is a fairly well established approach... I'm down with
that.

--
Rick Winscot

On Monday, January 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM, David Arno wrote:

> [...]
better choice of name for a release that is missing automation support.

> How about adopting the odd number = development test releases, even numbers = production
releases approach? Whilst working out the release mechanism, patching missing features etc,
4.7.x releases could be pushed out as often as needed. Once a complete and tested version
is created, it's rereleased as 4.8 and work starts on 4.9.x releases, which would result in
a 4.10 production release etc.