From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Codename for the new version?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 03:25:11 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

> You could always work with a committer and push up your idea.
Sure but would it then go under the committers name not yours? And you have to go through
them for every check in or change. Not that I think it's a big issue I've just seen a few
people on the list suggest/imply that anyone can place code on the whiteboard area when it's
not quite as straight forward as that.

> Ultimately the idea of a "codename" goes back to the idea of a "roadmap"; and this has
been discussed before on the list.
True "codenames" fit in more with the traditional project/release cycle. But as we don't know
what the next version of Apache Flex is going to be (4.7 or perhaps 4.8 seem likely) perhaps
coming up with a code name for is is a good idea. How about picking a name of an old arcade
game? There's a wide range of names and it has geek appeal.

Ah looking at the couple of responses that just come in I guess there's a clear consensus
on it and that's a no to code names. :-)

Thanks,
Justin