incubator-flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sebastian Mohr <masul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex Usage Statistics
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:35:22 GMT
@Wael Jammal 

It's great to see your interest adding more 
valueable data to my initialised survey. I could 
reopening this survey within seconds, but, I have 
some concerns that new values would blur the 
correctness of the existing data - because now
results have been made public ... but if there 
would be the interest to continue this survey 
let me know.

Furthermore, if you are interested to start your 
own survey you can set it up here for free: 

http://www.kwiksurveys.com


-- Sebastian



On Jan 9, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Wael Jammal wrote:

> How do you get an entry on that list? I must have missed this. I would
> like to add my own.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> On 09/01/2012 01:25, "Sebastian Mohr" <masuland@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> Oh ... I see!
>> 
>> I thought I caught this case with this answer:
>> 
>> "I have developed my own MVC Microarchitecture(s)"
>> 
>> But you are right ... I should have added this answer, too:
>> 
>> "I don't use the MVC architectural design pattern in my Flex project(s)"
>> 
>> Sorry ... this was my first one shot survey :)
>> 
>> 
>> - Sebastian
>> 
>> 
>> On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:04 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
>> 
>>> Understood, but the survey is making the grand assumption that /
>>> everybody/
>>> is using some sort of MVC framework, which was my point.  There is
>>> no out
>>> on the survey, and some people (like myself) would simply not answer
>>> the
>>> survey at all.
>>> 
>>> While in the Flex world, there is an overwhelming majority of the
>>> people
>>> that use MVC style frameworks, that is not the case for 100% of the
>>> population.  I personally use an I-O style of programming, which is
>>> not
>>> really MVC.
>>> 
>>> -Nick
>>> 
>>> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Sebastian Mohr <masuland@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> @Nick ... Thx for your comment. The intent of Question 2:
>>>> 
>>>> http://code.google.com/p/**masuland/wiki/Statistics#**
>>>> Question_2:_Which_Model-View-
>>>> 
>>>> **Controller_(MVC)_**Microarchitectures<http://code.google.com/p/masulan
>>>> d/wiki/Statistics#Question_2:_Which_Model-View-Controller_(MVC)_Microarc
>>>> hitectures 
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> ... was definitely not to suggest a specific Microarchitecture.
>>>> Instead,
>>>> it should only show which Microarchitecture has been used more often
>>>> in Flex developers past projects. And the result makes sense to me,
>>>> because, Cairngorm 2 and PureMVC where the first MVC
>>>> Microarchitecture frameworks for Flex.
>>>> 
>>>> It wasn't a "Which Microsarchitecture do you like the most?"
>>>> question. But I see your point that this could be misinterpreted
>>>> somehow ;)
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On Jan 9, 2012, at 12:18 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Agreed, 100%.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Surveys outside of that can be swayed to however the creator wants
>>>>> it to
>>>>> end up.  For example, with all the people I talk to, Caringorm has
>>>>> been
>>>>> barely a blip on anybody's radar for at least two years -- where
>>>>> this
>>>>> survey shows a completely different story (and steers people to
>>>>> suggested
>>>>> use of Caringorm).  I doubt that was the author's intent, but it was
>>>>> pretty
>>>>> glaring to me.
>>>>> 
>>>>> -Nick
>>>>> 
>>>>> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> On 1/8/12 12:58 AM, "Sebastian Mohr" <masuland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Do you see the need to make more surveys?
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I would want JIRA to be our constantly running survey.  Folks put
>>>>>> in
>>>>>> issues,
>>>>>> the community votes on it.  Serious discussion should probably
>>>>>> happen on
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> list.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Alex Harui
>>>>>> Flex SDK Team
>>>>>> Adobe Systems, Inc.
>>>>>> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message