From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Flex Logo :: Community Action
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 04:58:52 GMT

On Jan 5, 2012, at 5:22 PM, João Saleiro wrote:

> Here's a starting point of the texts for the Apache Flex website announcing the "contest",
in case the idea goes forward.

> I've started writing these texts because someone had to do it - but they need to be completed,
changed, reviewed, etc - so feel free to change everything at your will. My English is far
from perfect (not my natural language) and it's already 1 a.m here in Portugal (time to sleep).
:o)

> (BTW, what is the "Apache way" for collaboration on the writing and reviewing of texts?
Google Docs? A Wiki? Using this ML?)

Exactly what you are doing with this email fits the Apache Way.

If it didn't happen on the mailing list it didn't happen.

Let the editing begin...

Regards,
Dave

> Here it goes:

> [NICE TITLE HERE]
>
> In the 31th of December, Apache has accepted the Flex SDK into incubation. Flex is now
a community project managed by Apache. The migration from Adobe to Apache involves a re-branding
and you can contribute by proposing the new Apache Flex logo.

> Your proposal will be published on the Flex Incubation website [link] next to the other
proposals and in [date] the community will choose the new logo through voting on the Apache
Flex Mailing List [link].