From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Apache Flex community website
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:13:31 GMT
 I am enjoying the positive energy here on this list. There is an earnest, eagerness to get
things done.

On Jan 5, 2012, at 4:18 PM, Brent Arnold wrote:

> That's a good point regarding whether we need a new website. I wasn't sure what features
are available to the community for adding wiki's, etc. to the existing apache.org website.
I would consider my site valuable to the community for things like sharing tutorials, listing
discussions that are beyond the technical side of things.

Also please see the Apache Infrastructure service offerings.

http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html

BTW - This project, here, on this list *IS* the Apache Flex community.

> I'm currently looking into the domain name usage policy here: http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html#nonaffiliation
and will make sure I comply with everything. An important thing to note is that this isn't
a competing software product or anything of that nature. In the end, if it's too much legalise,
it's not a problem to close the site down. We're only talking about a $9 domain registration
fee. ;-)

The name of the domain itself may be infringing.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/#domains

and

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/domains.html

You could certainly donate the domain name to the project. Even if it is nothing more than
a redirection to the project it then protects the Apache Flex brand.

Regards,
Dave