From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [Binding] Logo - final tweaks
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:54:14 GMT
Intuition is a close cousin to ignorance... which is no defense under the law. As members of
an open source project, we need to make sure that we, and our contributions, remain above
reproach; falling short on due-diligence will only hurt the project.

BTW, the date on that link was ca 1996. Not sure if you realize... but case-law for 'fonts
as software' was established in 2003.

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=UNESCO_Font_Lic

So... if Tomasz's company produced the font used in the design and they grant unlimited use
/ distribution to Apache Flex then we are good to go ( we need to document that though ).
If not... convert everything to outlines and again... we are good to go.

If you can't tell... I've been drug through the mire of font licensing more than once. From
it, I've learned, that an ounce of prevention is the only way to avoid getting pounded with
legal cure.

[ steps off the soap-box ]

--
Rick Winscot