From "Valdemar Lopes" <valdemarlo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:06:07 GMT
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

Beautiful, simple, objective, colossal. Very good work!! Congratulations

-----Mensagem Original-----
From: Erik Lundgren
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 8:01 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: FLEX Logo Sketch

Hi,

I can't write a compiler. But before going to bed last night I made a quick
sketch for an Apache Flex logo. (S k e t c h, being the keyword here.)

A print-out can be found at:

http://lndgrn.se/ApacheFlexLogo_01_01.png

It's a "page-turning-logo". Apache flex is a new chapter in the frameworks
history.

I wanted to capture some of FLEX's flexibility – tell a single story on
multiple "surfaces", just like pages in a novel. Page one: Desktop. Page
two: Web. Page three: Mobile. Page four: ?.

I tried to reference the old Flex logo building on the square and the bold
font. But the black and gray always felt a bit dull to me for a
UX-plattform. I think we're ready for some pastel! :)

Keep up the great work! We need it.

/Erik
@erik_lundgren