From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: Congratulations to the first whiteboard addition :: navigators by Tink
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:33:27 GMT
On 6 Jan 2012, at 22:22, Greg Reddin wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Michael Schmalle <mike@teotigraphix.com
> > wrote:
>> I've got a question with the white board, when developing should we
>> use our
>> own domains during experimentation so there is no conflict with
>> anything
>> called spark?
>
> Nah, I'd just use org.apache... or whatever. Since it's in the
> whiteboard there's no problems with name collisions for the most part.
>
>> If I want to add say a TabNavigator to tink, should I put it in his
>> "navigators" trunk or create my own trunk like mschmalle/navigators
>> and then
>> use my domain name for package name for now?.
>
> I don't know if there's a protocol for things like "personal
> sandboxes". Technically it's ok to just start hacking there. Even
> though it has his name on it the whole purpose of doing it there is so
> others can contribute. OTOH, it does have his name on it so he might
> appreciate it if you ask first. Tink, do you mind if folks contribute
> to the code you posted or would you prefer they wait until you have it
> more "ready"?
>
> Greg

Yeah I just didn't take the time out to edit the package names, so
feel free to hack away in there.

If you were looking to add a TabNavigator you could create a
TabNavigatorSkin for use with a Navigator. Put a TabBar in it and bind
the dataProvider of the TabBar to the NavigatorGroup also in the skin.
Assign that skin to a Navigator and your should be up and running.

You could go one further and create a TabNavigator class that extends
Navigator and give it your new skin as a default. I'v always wondered
whether having these empty classes just so I can define a default skin
to it and give it a new name made any sense, although I did do it for
the 2 Accordions as the layout for those is a little tricker to set up.

Tink