From "Rui Silva" <f...@rduartes.net>
Subject re: Flex "code cleanup"?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:13:59 GMT
> From: "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl>

> The other day I came across this article ([1]) on Slashdot about the
> effort to remove unused code from the LibreOffice project. Is that
> something that might be relevant to a framework like Flex (it's been
> around for a while, after all)?
>
> Sound like a great way to get to know the structure and code of the
> framework, and maybe an 'in' for someone who would be less comfortable
> writing new features right off the bat.

I agree that it would be a great way to get familiar with the overall
framework architecture, yet, I'd be very wary about changing core stuff
without the test suite being set up, even by someone who knows the
framework.

But, yes, it would be interesting if people just scanned the framework for
unused code and post those here so they can be validated by people with
more knowledge and an eventual elimination of that code could stem from
that.

Rui