From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Spoon Community Call Feb 2nd
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 02:59:07 GMT

On Jan 18, 2012, at 1:56 PM, Michael A. Labriola wrote:

> Not what I meant Alex. Sorry for the confusion, this wasn't a comment about Apache or
this effort.

> I meant that back in October and November of 2010 when there was a strong community push
for a fork, I tried to keep us on a unified path. Perhaps a fork at the point would have put
us in a different place as a community now. Perhaps it would have been good for all, perhaps
not. We will never know.

I really appreciate what your outline shows as very hard work with Adobe. +1000.

I think that one community is always better than two. The results here are positive! The community
spirit here is great! Over 50+ logo submissions!

As you say the Flex community could have had a fork (Spork?) like the OpenOffice.org community.
I've been involved with that community only since Oracle's donation to The ASF and ... I won't
go there here.

Regards,
Dave

> That was more my point,
> Mike

which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission.
Thank you.