From Sebastian Mohr <masul...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal: Code Example / Application Development Procedure (was: Re: Non-core code, contrib and samples (was: Goal for Flex: Strengthening large-scale Flex applications...))
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:56:01 GMT
Due to our last discussion about code examples, I would like
to discuss the procedure we should follow when writing these
code examples.

I also would like to point out that there is a difference between
writing Component Code Examples which should illustrate the
functionality of a component (Spark-DropDownList or MX-
ColorPicker), and, Application Code Examples which should
illustrate how to build (large-scale) Flex applications.

I am personally more interested on writing Application Code Examples
with or without the use of Microarchitectures, because I think the community
and Adobe already created lots of Component Code Examples:

Flex 3, http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/index.html
Flex 4.6, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/index.html

Proposal: Code Example / Application Development Procedure

This is the proposal for writing (large-scale) Application Code Examples:

'Before working on your Application Code make sure you have specified the requirements of
the application in a Specification Document, and, you have defined an Application Coding Standard.
An "Application Coding Standard" consists of a set of Nanoarchitectures / Architectural Patterns
which describe the structure of your application, and, some coding guidelines collected in
a Coding Conventions document.'

For more information please check out the diagram on this site:

http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/ApplicationDevelopmentProcedure

I would be happy to find some kind of consensus on this topic here in Apache Flex.

-- Sebastian