From Paul Evans <paulev...@creative-cognition.co.uk>
Subject Re: Flex Framework rsl's
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 12:30:59 GMT
On 5 Jan 2012, at 10:29, flex@rduartes.net wrote:

> On one hand, there is definitely a point for improving the framework's modularity and
split it in several normal rsl, but from my experience, several of the users of applications
I've built, especially in the corporate/healthcare area, like to clean browser cache at the
end of the day in an effort to eliminate any history that would reveal where they've been
in the interewebs. I know this sound stupid, but it happens, so having the framework protected
in a different cache system would make sense.

Whether signed or not, or Fp cached or not, will the framework RSLs (release versions) be
hosted on an Apache equivalent to fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz... ?

If so, that potentially mitigates the case above? An organisation with such a cache cleaning
policy might consider proxy-caching certain domains/resources - our RSL domain being a prime
candidate.

If not, there's going to be an immediate (network) performance hit for users of ApacheFlex.

(not a committer - sorry if this is speaking out of turn)

--
Paul Evans
http://www.creative-cognition.co.uk/