From Rogelio Castillo Aqueveque <roge...@rogeliocastillo.com>
Subject Re: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:15:10 GMT
Great work! I really love it! Just as an idea, maybe the Apache logo should be "stronger" if
that makes sense

---
Rogelio Castillo Aqueveque
rogelio@rogeliocastillo.com

On 5/01/2012, at 5:01 PM, Erik Lundgren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't write a compiler. But before going to bed last night I made a quick sketch for
an Apache Flex logo. (S k e t c h, being the keyword here.)

> A print-out can be found at:
>
> http://lndgrn.se/ApacheFlexLogo_01_01.png
>
> It's a "page-turning-logo". Apache flex is a new chapter in the frameworks history.
>
> I wanted to capture some of FLEX's flexibility – tell a single story on multiple "surfaces",
just like pages in a novel. Page one: Desktop. Page two: Web. Page three: Mobile. Page four:
?.

> I tried to reference the old Flex logo building on the square and the bold font. But
the black and gray always felt a bit dull to me for a UX-plattform. I think we're ready for
some pastel! :)