From "Rui Silva" <f...@rduartes.net>
Subject re: On splitting communities and non-code committers (was: Apache Flex community website)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:51:10 GMT
Bertrand, Brent and others,

> IMO, based on my experience with many Apache projects, it would be
> much better if this could happen *within* Apache Flex, as opposed to
> potentially creating a split community.
>

> -Bertrand

I fully agree with Bertrand, especially in the early stages of a project.
If the project evolves in such a way that specifics needs arise that would
justify the creation of an external website, I'd say we *could* split the
content in several sites. But doing that from the onset will create a
sensation of divide that is not favorable for community building.

Rui