From Paul Evans <paulev...@creative-cognition.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ApacheFlex] tag
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:40:24 GMT

On 24 Jan 2012, at 09:15, John Fletcher wrote:

> the proposal is to configure the list
> server to add this tag to the subject line automatically

Fair point. I don't doubt the good intent of the suggestion and i was abrupt in my reply,
but...

I do think it would remain unnecessary noise. Noise which is more apparent when a genuine
prefix is used [VOTE] etc

If intended to help newbie, it only helps until they learn/decide to use filters - which is
imo both advisable and inevitable. There are already a unique headers in the list email on
which to filter as mentioned by Bertrand: